Monday, March 12, 2012
Did I Poison The Squirrels?
I went out to inspect the yard a few days ago and found that most of my peony shoots had been chewed off! Fricken' squirrels!!! I was so mad, all I could think of was the beautiful blooms that could have been. A few days passed and I haven't seen the squirrels in my yard. Usually there are 3 or 4, my husband feeds them and I try to discourage him. They started to eat our winter beets and maybe the peony shoots looked like beet greens? I googled to see if Peonies are poisonous and they are. Apparently very poisonous if ingested in large amounts. Maybe the little guys are just sick and vomiting somewhere... I hope they didn't kick the acorn cap. :(