Friday, March 6, 2009

Food For Thought: March 2009

Still available, I'll put a notice here when the piece has been sold.
parka
I'm starting a side project, called "Food For Thought". In this economy many our communities are in dire need of help. I've been milling on this idea since the beginning of the year. I'm very lucky to be able to live the way I do, I can pay my bills and eat out occasionally. I usually don't have to think about food costs. I know many of us aren't as fortunate and that number will grow in months ahead. Food is a basic need and I'd like to help fulfill that need.

Once a month I will sell a piece of art through my emailing list/blog and 100% of the sale will go towards Northwest Harvest. I will ship internationally as well, you can contact me for a shipping quote. I just started doing this so I'm sure there will be a few kinks to iron out. The entire process will be documented on my blog.

Last month's donation came from author Kenneth Saltman. THANK YOU Kenneth for your generosity! Good luck on your upcoming book "The Gift of Education". I don't have an end date in mind for this project... I will keep doing this as long as the work keep selling.

The piece for sale in March is:
"Parka Boy"
Crayola crayon on wooden base
$250.00
Feel free to email me: diemgia@gmail.com

I've chosen NW Harvest because 93% of their total operating budget goes directly toward food distribution, with 79% in purchased or donated food. I believe they are an honest and efficient organization. They have a true sense of what their mission is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Diem. Keep up the fabulous work both artistically and for the community!

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Pat!
LOVE your blog, it all looks so delicious! Good luck with the Asian Grandmother's Cookbook :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing that with us (and nw harvest)!