Friday, March 13, 2009

Fines Refined: Museum of Northwest Art

Sorry for such a last minute post... but I'll be in a group show opening this Saturday at the Museum of Northwest Art!
My Mother's

There are some fantastic artist in this show like:
Scott Fife: He makes giant busts made of cardboard, wood glue and screws! They have wonderful form and show a great deal of craftsmanship, yet the artist is able to keep a sense of raw energy in the work.
Whiting Tennis: the gallery's images really don't do the work justice... there is so much detail in real life. I had a chance to see Whiting at work years ago... the process is genius! I think that's when i really fell in love with his work.

If you're in WA come on by. I'll be at the opening!

FINDS REFINED
MUSEUM OF NORTHWEST ART: La Conner Washington
March 14, 2009 - June 14, 2009
Opening Reception: Saturday, March 14, 2-5
Hours and directions here:

PARTICIPATING ARTISTS: Michelle Allard, Ross Palmer Beecher, Francesca Berrini, Gretchen Bennett, James Castle, Diem Chau, Marc Dombrosky, Scott Fife, Kathryn Glowen, Patrick LoCicero, Allen Moe, Jason Mouer, Jane Richlovsky, Whiting Tennis, and Robert Yoder

Finds Refined is a group show featuring artists who use found matter in their work as intrinsic elements, whether for aesthetic qualities or to incorporate the history or past life of the material as part of the conception of the work. In some cases, found materials will be only a part of the work, mixed in with more traditional mediums; in many instances, the found elements will not immediately reveal themselves in the art on view.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Diem Chau
I like your work
it´s amazing and funny
congratulations
hugs from Spain
Bruno

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Bruno!

fabricatedends said...

Your work is wonderful! I saw your pieces in American Craft magazine and looked you up. How were you able to get your work into the magazine?

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Fabricatedends
I honestly don't know how they got a hold of my work, but I've had a lot of exposure on the internet via blogs. It's amazing how accessible everything is now. I don't think I would be able to do as much or have my work go as far without the internet.