Thursday, June 2, 2011

John & Jessica

The couple
A recent commission for John & Jessica who got married on May 27th!  Congrats guys, wishing you many happy years!

Side shot
Another shot from the side.  I really like how the flower in her hair turned out.  The white and grey combo was chosen by John.

The Groom
The groom's crayon.  He had wonderful long curly hair, but decided to cut it for the wedding.  I was looking forward to making a long haired groom.

The Bride
The bride's crayon.  This was a wedding gift for Jessica.  John had a hard time sneaking a shot of her in the  dress.  I hope she likes them!  The color turned out very well.  I had to ad lib on what the back of the dress looks like.  We decided to keep her glasses on, it gave her that lovely geek factor. ;)

8 comments:

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors said...

thank you for posting your little sculptures. These are wonderful

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Mimi :)

Emily Regan said...

These are gorgeous! Wherever did you find someone who thought to carve crayons like that?

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Em :) I did the carving.

Emily Regan said...

Well done, you! They're great :-D

Joyce Rachel Lee said...

Gorgeous! Do you make them in bulks?

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Joyce,
Sorry for the delayed response... I make them individually, usually on a commission basis.

cupcake2424 said...

Jessica is my niece. I actually saw these sculptures in person and they were so unique and beautiful. The detail on her dress, and hair and glasses was perfect. What a wonderful job.