Friday, January 23, 2009

I Hearts NY

These 3 pieces will be showing at Gallery Hanahou in NY as a part of a group show curated by Kristen Rask of Schmancy. I will not be there but it should be a fun show!

Forget Me-Not
February 6, 2009 - Febraury 27, 2009
Opening reception: 6 - 8 p.m. on February 6, 2009
Gallery Hanahou
611 Broadway, Suite 730
New York, NY 10012Mon-Fri 12-6 pm


With Strings Attached
With Strings Attached
8"diameter
Fabric, thread, glass beads, felt, wooden embroidery hoop


Strung Along

Strung Along
4"diameter
Fabric, thread, glass beads, felt, wooden embroidery hoop


My Heart to Thee...

My Heart to Thee, Oh Me Oh My!
9"w by 5"h
Fabric, thread, glass beads, felt, wooden embroidery hoop

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hej Diem,

Thank you for showing your pieces.I would have loved to see them but I'm living in Denmark and not in NY.
The idea with the hoop is great because it makes a painting of your embroidery work.

Thanks again and have a creative weekend.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

Hej Diem,

Thank you for showing your pieces I really love them. Great idea to keep them in their hoops because that way they become embroidered paintings.

Thanks again and have a creative weekend.

Elizabeth

Diem Chau said...

Thank you Elizabeth :)
The hoops have been used a lot by crafters and other artists... its a clean way to present your work that doesn't cost a lot.
Check out this link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/758072@N24/

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed looking at your work, here and on your site, several times. I hope you exhibit in the UK sometime soon :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful work!

Susan said...

I just happened upon your blog (and beautiful work!). I was wondering if these pieces (or similar ones are for sale? I'm not sure if they are connected to the "red thread" anecdote, but I love that sentiment. My husband and I adopted our son from Russia, and for our "anniversary" I wanted to get him some "red thread" related gift.
Thanks so much!
Heather
akstudio@erols.com

Diem Chau said...

Thanks lulza I'll try to make my way to the UK :)

Thanks Wexfordgirl

Thanks Susan I'll give you an email.